Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

How do I pt-table-sync all tables from one localhost database to another?

Engineer10Engineer10 EntrantInactive User Role Beginner
I have two databases on localhost: db1 and db2. I want to pt-table-sync all tables on db2 to be exactly like their equivalents on db1. I tried the following command line:
$ pt-table-sync --dry-run h=localhost,u=user,p=pass,d=db1 h=localhost,u=user,p=pass,d=db2

This failed with the following error:
you specified a database but not a table in h=localhost,u=user,p=pass,d=db1.  are you trying to sync only tables in the 'db1' database?  if so, use '--databases db1' instead.

I also tried dropping the D part of both DSNs, and instead specify
--databases=db1,db2

This shows zero differences, even though in reality differences do exist. I'm guessing what it does is compare each database to itself.

Is there a way to do this with pt-table-sync?

Comments

• volkimdvolkimd Entrant Inactive User Role Beginner
    Hi,

I have the same topic. I want to Sync all Tables of DB named ABC on Host A to DB CBA on Host B. In this case I want to replicate from a TestDB to ProdDB, no master-slave concept.
    I got the same results as above. Is there another way to realize this, maybe with wildcards or another Tool as pt-table-sync?

Regards
  • carlos.salguerocarlos.salguero Percona Toolkit Developer Percona Staff Role
    Hi,

Using should work. If there are no differences, you might try using a different checksum algorithm.
    See https://jira.percona.com/browse/PT-187 for a complete explanation.

Regards
  • carlos.salguerocarlos.salguero Percona Toolkit Developer Percona Staff Role
    Answering the second question:
    You can sync to a different database by specifying the source Database and Table in the first DSN, but only the db in the destination DSN.
    Example:

I have the table test.t1 in the instance running at port 12345 and I want to copy it to the database test2 in the instance running at port 12346
    pt-table-sync h=127.0.0.1,P=12345,u=msandbox,p=msandbox,D=test,t=t1 h=127.0.0.1,P=12346,u=msandbox,p=msandbox,D=test2 --execute
  • volkimdvolkimd Entrant Inactive User Role Beginner
    Hi,

thank you for your answer.

I've checked this topics. Pt-table-checksum can't sync across different Hosts if I don't run a Master - Slave approach, which doesn't make sense in this case. Pt-table-sync is working perfect for a defined number of tables, but there is no solution for all tables.

Regards