Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Update failed. garbd pre-removal script on Ubuntu

mstenzmstenz EntrantInactive User Role Beginner
Hi,
I recently updated my whole Ubuntu 14.04 System. There were also some updates for Percona.

But the update of garbd failed because of this messages:

Preparing to unpack .../percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd-3.x_3.13-1.trusty_amd64.deb ...
invoke-rc.d: initscript garbd, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 3
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
invoke-rc.d: initscript garbd, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd-3.x_3.13-1.trusty_amd64.deb (--unpack):
subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 3
* Garbd config /etc/default/garbd is not configured yet
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/percona-xtradb-cluster-garbd-3.x_3.13-1.trusty_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I don't use garbd on that server (so its not running and also not configured in any way). I have installed "percona-xtradb-cluster-full-56"

Any Ideas to resolve this. This situation is blocking my whole package manager.
thx.
rgds.
Michael

Comments

• mstenzmstenz Entrant Inactive User Role Beginner
    I found this article: https://github.com/codership/galera/issues/266
    The problem I have is exactly the same. the garbd is started (and also stopped by the script) which should NOT be the case. I fixed the installation now on one node by temporary configured the /etc/default/garbd file as an additonal node and then do a complete reinstallation fo everything (as i had due to some trys fixing this crap dependencies). Also I needed to create /var/lib/garbera folder and assigne nobody proviledges to it. After everything was installed i removed garbd configuration again.

Now to check if this is a general issue I have started up the upgrade to a seperate node and exactly the same problem happened. To me really it seems the upgrade procedure should be fixed not by starting garbd. On this node I have in addition the problem that the workarround from above does not work, but on this node a garbd is really needed and was also running before. the garbd does not start, without any add to garbd.log and also no information to syslog. So I don't have a solution for this yet and I definetivly will not update all the other notes till this problem is fixed. Any Ideas?