Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

pt-table-sync password in the old format please change the password to the new format

nhadienhadie EntrantCurrent User Role Beginner
Hi All,

I'm looking at doing an upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6. I have 5.6 as a slave to 5.5 then i promote 5.6 as master later on.

I want to ensure data integrity by running pt-sync, but i'm getting this error:

DBI connect(';host=172.16.1.154;mysql_read_default_group=client','myadmin',...) failed: Server is running in --secure-auth mode, but 'myadmin'@'172.16.1.154' has a password in the old format; please change the password to the new format at /usr/bin/pt-table-sync line 2220

But on master that user is already using new format:

select User,Host,Password from user where user='myadmin' and Host='172.16.1.154';
+
+
+
+
| User | Host | Password |
+
+
+
+
| myadmin | 172.16.1.154 | *F1234567893F0BBAFABBA0A6EE6AE9987654321A |
+
+
+
+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

May i know if anyone has encountered and have fixed the said issue. Thank you in advanced.

Nhadie

Comments

• mirfanmirfan Database Administrator Inactive User Role Beginner
    Can you please show the exact pt-table-sync command you used. Do you have new password hash on both i.e. master and slave ? Can you please show us the output as below:

master-mysql> SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE '%password%';
    master-mysql> select user, host, length(password) from mysql.user where user='myadmin';
    slave-mysql> select user, host, length(password) from mysql.user where user='myadmin';
    slave-mysql> SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE '%password%';

The solution is probably to use new hashes on master and slave..
  • nhadienhadie Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    thank you for giving me an idea...the slave was still using the old hashes..it works now.