Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Zabbix - MySQL Connections Graph

r3b3lr3b3l EntrantInactive User Role Beginner
Hi all.
I have propertly installed zabbix and Percona Monitor Plugin on one MySQL Server.
All data are corect collected i think.

But i have one litle question. On Graph below fetch?filedataid=282&type=thumb
you can see Blue line "Connections". What this data mean? In MySQL documentation i can read that this value say how many connections was opened and aborted from MySQL server start.
On this graph i see that vale is equal 0 with peaks every 5 minuts.

It is normal?
If this value show "show status like 'Connections';" then something is wrong. On my server is this value is 500k+ (i check form command line), but graph say it's 0.

P.S. Sorry for my english :)

Comments

• weberweber Advisor Inactive User Role Beginner
    "Connections" is dynamic status variable and shows the current number of connection attempts to MySQL.

Per http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-monitoring-plugins/1.1/zabbix/index.html
    • 300 sec. polling interval - like with Cacti, the existing PHP script is used to retrive and cache MySQL metrics except some trigger-specific items. Due to the caching of results, PHP script runs only once per period.
    So it looks like this graph didn't make a flat line between each 5 min. tick from X axis averaging the value to 300. Strange... as other lines are ok.
  • r3b3lr3b3l Entrant Inactive User Role Beginner
    Finaly, i found the reson.
    In zabbix template i change perion to 30s (from 300s).
    In script /var/lib/zabbix/percona/scripts/get_mysql_stats_wrapper.sh in line 29 on agent we can find
    if [ `expr $TIMENOW - $TIMEFLM` -gt 300 ]; then
    This script create cache file on agent host and even i change period in Template, agent send me data from cach file.
    Thats why agent send me new value of variable Connections evry 5 minuts and other request are eqal 0.
  • weberweber Advisor Inactive User Role Beginner
    Great :)