SST transfer fails with xtrabackup but gets successfull with rsync

Hi I am using Percona Xtradb cluster of 3 nodes. I have been seeing that one of the nodes get crashed or comes out of cluster and then it fails to sync with other nodes on starting mysql. I have been using xtrabackup as sst method. In my last scenario, it failed to start again but started fine when I used rsync as sst method. I see that this particular node had some network issue as below:

2015-01-23 04:17:37 6659 [Warning] WSREP: Gap in state sequence. Need state transfer.
2015-01-23 04:17:37 6659 [Note] WSREP: You have configured ‘xtrabackup’ state snapshot transfer method which cannot be performed on a running server. Wsrep provider won’t be able to fall back to it if other means of state transfer are unavailable. In that case you will need to restart the server.

I am using percona-xtrabackup-2.2.6-5042.el5. Is this a bug in this version of xtrabackup?

Thanks,
Ashish

Hi,

It seems, When one of the node is trying to connect to the cluster it notices that the other nodes have been processing some
transactions while it was gone, this is the “gap in state sequence”. For further investigation, Is this possible for you to provide full error log and my.cnf of that particular node or all node?