Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

File name ./ib_logfile0 InnoDB: File operation call: 'open' returned OS error 71.

ergamonergamon EntrantLegacy User Role Beginner
Hello, i got the same problem as discussed in this topic:
http://www.percona.com/forums/questions-discussions/percona-xtrabackup/13396-file-name-ib_logfile0-innodb-file-operation-call-open-returned-os-error-71
But i cant solve it with changing permissions, everything is setup for me correctly (as i think).
I have 3 freebsd servers, two with 10.0 and latest percona server from ports (5.6.19-67.0-log) and one with 9.0-release with 5.6.15-log.
What i tried to do:
- When i built this tool from ports, it gave me that error and i had an error with xtrabackup tool too.
After that i tried to deinstall tool from ports and to compile from source latest 2.2.6 version directly. During compilation process I also got an error that you should fix too. That error was at "make" stage at about 70-80% and it said me that xtrabackup_version.h was not found. That error was also in freebsd 9.0, but i couldnt understand what it wants from me but luckily i already know how to correct that error in 10.0 version of freebsd. So i simply had to go into /source_folder/storage/innobase/xtrabackup/src/ and found there xtrabackup_version.h.in instead of xtrabackup_version.h. After that i simply renamed that file into correct type and completed build process with make install. After that i had the same error with innobackupex script, but suddenly xtrabackup started to work fine on all builds of freebsd, so i could make that backup directly but without myisam tables.
If you need some further information or access to one of servers to make tests, let me know.