Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

Percona Xtradb Cluster Dependencies

mircea0210mircea0210 EntrantCurrent User Role Beginner
Hello.

I'd like to start by apologizing if this topic was already discussed, but I couldn't find any references and I am new to this forum.

I'm trying to create a live-build of Debian 7 which I'm going to use in a system which is part of a Percona Cluster. Until last week, all I had to do was
to include percona-xtradb-cluster-client-5.5 and percona-xtradb-cluster-server-5.5 in the list of binaries that live-build has to install. And it worked fine.
This week, I get the following error, for both binaries:
"percona-xtradb-cluster-client-5.5: Dependencies, percona-xtradb-cluster-common-5.5"
and live-build cannot successfully generate the live image.

If I add percona-xtradb-cluster-common-5.5 to list given to live build, it logs the error "percona-xtradb-cluster-common-5.5: Conflicts: mysql-common".

I know I could install Percona cluster after generating the live image, but I would prefer if I didn't have to.

Thx,

Comments

• przemekprzemek Percona Support Engineer Percona Staff Role
    Hi,

Why don't you use Percona apt repo and apt-cache to see what are the dependencies needed for installing percona-xtradb-cluster-server-5.5? Like:
    root@debian-7:~# apt-cache show percona-xtradb-cluster-server-5.5
    Package: percona-xtradb-cluster-server-5.5
    Source: percona-xtradb-cluster-5.5
    Version: 5.5.37-25.10-756.wheezy
    Architecture: amd64
    Maintainer: Percona Server Development Team <mysql-dev&#64;percona.com>
    Installed-Size: 216957
    Pre-Depends: percona-xtradb-cluster-common-5.5 (>= 5.5.37-25.10-756.wheezy), adduser (>= 3.4.0), debconf
    Depends: percona-xtradb-cluster-client-5.5 (>= 5.5.37-25.10-756.wheezy), libdbi-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl, perl (>= 5.6), libaio1 (>= 0.3.93), libc6 (>= 2.12), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libpam0g (>= 0.99.7.1), libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0), libstdc++6 (>= 4.6), libwrap0 (>= 7.6-4~), zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.0), debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0, psmisc, passwd, lsb-base (>= 3.0-10), percona-xtradb-cluster-galera-25, percona-xtrabackup (>= 2.1.6), socat, lsof, rsync, iproute

However, for me the latest version of percona-xtradb-cluster-common-5.5 does not conflict with mysql-common, I can install both using apt:
    ii  mysql-common                       5.5.37-0+wheezy1              all          MySQL database common files, e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf
    ii  percona-xtradb-cluster-common-5.5  5.5.37-25.10-756.wheezy       all          Percona XtraDB Cluster database common files (e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf)

What were the version you used?
  • mircea0210mircea0210 Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    Thanks for the reply. I will try to follow all the advices. I cannot use apt for installing because I'm using live build to build a live ISO of Debian 7. Of course I could generate the ISO and then after the first boot to install mysql Server but I would like to avoid that.

Thanks again.