Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

child process has died at innobackupex line 2642

htrivedihtrivedi EntrantInactive User Role Beginner
I have recently installed the Parcona Xtrabackup and while running the backup using below command it is giving an error

./innobackupex --user=dbabackup --defaults-file=/usr/local/mysql/mysql5530/my.cnf --datadir=/mysqldb/data/K4TST /mysqldb/backups/K4TST

innobackupex: Error: The xtrabackup child process has died at ./innobackupex line 2642.

Thanks
Himanshu

Comments

• mirfanmirfan Database Administrator Inactive User Role Beginner
    What version of MySQL server & xtrabackup you are using ? can you please paste innobackupex log to identify the problem.
  • htrivedihtrivedi Entrant Inactive User Role Beginner
    MySQL version 5.5.30 and xtrabackup version is InnoDB Backup Utility v1.5.1-xtrabackup.

Log file is attached.

What I found is /var/lib/mysql directory is what it is taking as the data directory but in our case it is different.
    Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Himanshu
    I was able to resolve this issue by providing defaults-group name

./innobackupex --defaults-file=/usr/local/mysql/mysql5530/my.cnf --defaults-group=mysqld1 --user=dbabackup /mysqlb/backups/K4TST
    I am getting below error when I freshly installed the mysql on new server.

[email protected]:/usr/local/mysql/PXB/bin>./innobackupex --defaults-file=/usr/local/mysql/mysql55/my.cnf --defaults-group=mysqld1 --user=dbabackup /mysqldb/backups/SELF

InnoDB Backup Utility v1.5.1-xtrabackup; Copyright 2003, 2009 Innobase Oy
    and Percona LLC and/or its affiliates 2009-2013. All Rights Reserved.

This software is published under
    the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991.

Get the latest version of Percona XtraBackup, documentation, and help resources:
    http://www.percona.com/xb/p

140228 11:50:21 innobackupex: Connecting to MySQL server with DSN 'dbi:mysql:;mysql_read_default_file=/usr/local/mysql/mysql55/my.cnf;mysql_read_default_group=xtrabackup' as 'dbabackup' (using password: NO).
    innobackupex: Error: Failed to connect to MySQL server as DBD::mysql module is not installed at ./innobackupex line 2976.

Any clue as to what could be the issue?

Thanks
    Himanshu
  • niljoshiniljoshi MySQL Sage Inactive User Role Beginner
    Hi Himanshu,

Have you install/upgrade xtrabackup with tarball? because if you have installed through yum/apt then it should install necessary libs to satisfy dependencies.
    Can you try to install DBD::mysql with either "yum install perl-DBD-MySQL" OR with CPAN and check?
  • freemanpolysfreemanpolys Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    Hi,
    I have the same issue :
    innobackupex: Error: Support for MySQL 5.1 with builtin InnoDB (not the plugin) was removed in Percona XtraBackup 2.1. The last version to support MySQL 5.1 with builtin InnoDB was Percona XtraBackup 2.0.
    I have : percona-xtrabackup x86_64 2.1.8-733.rhel6 version install from the repository and mysql server 5.1.73.

Help.