Not the answer you need?
Register and ask your own question!

XtraBackup fails

WillüüüWillüüü EntrantInactive User Role Beginner
Hello,

I'm using XtraBackup on CentOS-6.4 with MySQL-5.5.32 from www.mysql.de.

Sometimes my backup jobs crashing because the backup target is running out of space.

My backup space has 50GB and one backup job is using 6.8GB. I have no history, every job is overwriting the backup.

/usr/bin/innobackupex-1.5.1 --user=root --password=...... --no-timestamp --databases=mydatabase --include=$quaterlyTables /var/backups/$myserver/quaterly/${quaterly}/
/usr/bin/innobackupex-1.5.1 --apply-log /var/backups/$myserver/quaterly/${quaterly}/

Software:
CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
Kernel \r on an \m
2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64
percona-xtrabackup-2.1.4-656.rhel6.x86_64
InnoDB Backup Utility v1.5.1-xtrabackup; Copyright 2003, 2009 Innobase Oy
and Percona Ireland Ltd 2009-2012. All Rights Reserved.

Regards - Willi

Comments

• niljoshiniljoshi MySQL Sage Inactive User Role Beginner
    Hi,

Can you provide some more information like full backup log of innobackupex, the output of "df -h" and "du -csh /var/backup" on that server? We also need to identify that while taking backup you are getting this error or while running --apply-log.
  • mariasammariasam Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    I found out these problems came when I created the backups with "--compact" option. The documentation are wrong about how to do restore, and theres an example 'find' which doesn't find any compressed files... :)
  • chrisjacobchrisjacob Entrant Current User Role Beginner
    I am using Cent OS 6.5 version as my server OS as it is the most XtraBackup in the system. Is there any compatibility issues with these two? Can I go ahead and install the software straight?

Chris- outlook 2007 download
  • mirfanmirfan Database Administrator Inactive User Role Beginner
    Xtrabackup works absolutely fine on CentOS 6. For compact backups i would suggest to check this blogpost from niljoshi http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2013/06/26/limited-disk-space-compact-backups-with-percona-xtrabackup-2-1/
    Also, post the stuff which already asked by niljoshi to identify where the problem lies. Probably it's failing on prepare stage because of secondary indexes size may be.